Privacy

 

 What Can the Government See?

Internet Privacy


Internet privacy is something to be taken quite seriously. While it's never been at the top of my concern list, it poses a very real threat. While there's the threat of the government using internet history and data to sort of "control" the country, I think the bigger threat is hackers and the selling of personal information. From little things like companies getting ahold of your email and spamming it with newsletters, to bigger issues such as leaked private information and identity theft, it can pose a life-altering threat to the daily lives of a multitude of individuals.

I couldn't imagine what I would do if my debit card information, or my phone number, or my password history were leaked or available for anyone to see or use. It might not impact my life too much --personally I'd need to change my phone number, passwords, and I'd only lose a few hundred dollars --currently nothing too drastic. However, if they were able to get into my phone's photos or my message history on text, snapchat, discord? That'd be scary --for anyone.


We need to be vigilant when using technology. We need to be aware of everything going on, of the people we talk to, of the links or ads we click on. It's one thing to get spam emails, it's another for nudes to be leaked, or for family accounts to be hacked into.

Stay safe, be aware of creeps, drink some water.

Stay Spicy.

Comments

Popular Posts